I attended an informative event tonight on the 2016 WA Legislative Session hosted by the Washington Policy Center. Key issues discussed included: Government Reform, Small Business, Education, Healthcare, Environment, Agriculture, and Transportation – including a special local report on Clark County’s C-Tran agency.
Many of these issues fall right in line with my top priorities:
- Improve accountability and fiscal responsibility in Olympia.
- Increase business opportunities and attract jobs for a stronger local economy.
- Reduce the impact of taxes and regulations on our families and small businesses.
- Prioritize student education, achievement and local control.
- Promote public safety through proper planning and resources to protect citizens and equip first responders.
It was wonderful to see many of our local elected officials there tonight and spend time with them – including Senator Ann Rivers; Representatives Brandon Vick, Liz Pike, Lynda Wilson, Paul Harris; Clark County Councilors David Madore, Jeanne Stewart, Julie Olson; Vancouver Port Commissioner Jerry Oliver; and City Councilmember Bill Turlay.